Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Elements of Style

I have been invited to be a guest blogger for someone who is going on vacation in September and I had to come up with 2 posts for her. I decided to share them with my readers now and then I can let you know when they are posted on her blog as well. It is a great way to expose each of our readers to another's :) I had so much fun coming up with the designs.

The first one uses one of my favorite stamp sets - Elements of Style. I love to use this with the vintage style but this time I tried something different. This is how it turned out:






I stamped the large flower image twice to add more flowers and then colored it with markers. I stamped the hummingbird, cut him out and attached him with a dimensional. And don't you just love that new Daffodil Delight ribbon?? It is soooo wonderful to work with!

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Elements of Style

Cardstock:
Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White

Ink:
Jet Black Stazon

Accessories:
Always Artichoke and Daffodil Delight Markers, Daffodil Delight 1 1/4-inch Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

This card was so fun to do! I always loved to color when I was a child and I just have never been able to give that up :) We all need to feel like a kid sometimes - it helps to make adulthood a little easier. Now if my mom would just make me some cupcakes........LOL!!!

Thank you for coming by today and sharing with me. I always appreciate your visits and your comments. 'Til next time...........

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Laurie -- another example of why you were picked to design another blog. You do amazing work!!
    Hugs,
    Sandi Dailey
    gdailey@concentric.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandi. You are so kind :) I learned alot from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combination and the watercoloring...so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...