Sunday, August 15, 2010

Just Believe

I just love the new stamp set called "Just Believe". There are 5 gorgeous images and 4 sentiments. And I got it FREE (thanks Stampin' Up) !!!! I owe that also to the wonderful ladies who are my downline - it allowed me to promote and receive $100 in free product!! It was like Christmas :)

Anyway, I love the set and wanted to do something different. I have seen so many beautiful sponged cards and I know that many demonstrators look to Michelle Zindorf for cards to copy. She has done some amazing stuff using this technique. But, I wanted to try something on my own so I sat down and this is what I came up with:






I used a scrap piece of paper for my template and laid it down on the Whisper White cardstock and sponged along the edge. I did the same for the grassy hillside. Then I sponged the sky area lightly with Baja Breeze and stamped the plant with Jet Black Stazon. I also sponged Baja Breeze on the white piece stamped with the sentiment so it would blend in more.

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Just Believe

Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Whisper White

Ink: Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, Daffodil Delight, Jet Black Stazon, Marina Mist, Pumpkin Pie, Riding Hood Red, Wild Wasabi

Accessories: Daffodil Delight 1/8-inch Taffeta Ribbon, Stampin' Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals

I love rainbows! I have always been taught they are the physical evidence of God's never-ending love for us and I truly believe that. So, this set just seemed destined to be paired with one :) It is so nice to be able to share His love along with my love of stamping with all of you. So, I you many rainbows today and always. 'Til next time.........

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. This turned out beautiful Laurie -- good for you to jump right in and try Michelle's style from scratch. Sponging is my favorite technique, from way back when I first started stamping, and Michelle has really inspired me since then to step it up a notch. Glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...