Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy Halloween !

Those of you who know me, know that I don't usually do a lot in the way of Halloween cards. I love to celebrate fall. My only son is grown and moved away so he doesn't go trick-or-treating and I have no grandchildren yet (which is absolutely fine :) ) so I just have never really done much for that holiday. Now that I have great nieces and nephews, I make little goodie bags but that is pretty much it.

And then Stampin' Up debuted an adorable stamp set in the new catalog called Greeting Card Kids. I instantly fell in love with all four of the images. They remind me of the Campbell's Soup kids. This is actually the set I chose to do my card collection with in the new UStamp Fall Edition. I can't show those cards to you yet, but you can click here to join the event.

So, back to the card for today. I picked out my favorite fall/halloween accessories and this is how it turned out:





Isn't she sweet??!! I just love her. And the spider web background? You guessed it - it's a new embossing folder for the Big Shot! It is soooo cool!! On this card, I embossed the Basic Black cardstock and then dabbed a sponge dauber onto my Whisper White Craft Ink pad and then just dusted it over the black and it rubbed onto the raised portion. I want to give credit where credit is due and I believe it was Gretchen Barron who did this first. Such a neat way to really make that web POP!!




I stamped the little girl and the sentiment on Shimmery White Cardstock so they would have some sparkle. You can see it better in a close-up:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Greeting Card Kids, Grateful Greetings

Cardstock:
Basic Black, Garden Green, Peach Parfait, Shimmery White

Ink:
Jet Black Stazon, Whisper White Craft, Basic Black, Garden Green

Accessories:
Pear Pizzazz, More Mustard, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso Markers, Pumpkin Pie 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin, Dimensionals, Big Shot with Spider Web Textured Impressions Folder

Now that I have used this a couple of times, I anticipate trying some cute Halloween projects this year. You just can't help but fall in love with these little kids :) They are just toooo doggone cute!! And there is one for Christmas, Valentine's Day, and even one for Back to School. You can purchase them here or contact me to order them for you. You will have so much fun with them. Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think. I always like hearing from my visitors. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit so I can share with you. 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...