Sunday, August 8, 2010

Holiday Mini Swap

Even though I am on the west coast now, I still have the distinct priviledge of being part of "The Rubberqueens" stamping group from Michigan. Our wonderful leader, Ronda Wade, keeps us motivated and very well trained. I made so many friends in this group and I love to take part in their swaps. We do one every time a new Mini Catalog comes out and there is an AWESOME one coming out next month. The Holiday Mini is always my favorite!! And this one is over the top!!!! One of the benefits of being a demonstrator is the ability to pre-order items from the new minis during the month prior to their release. It gives us a chance to play with some new toys so we are ready for your workshops and classes as soon as it goes live!

So, the stamp set I chose is an amazing new background stamp called Christmas Collage. I love the images! And just a hint, there are coordinating items that will blow your mind!!! I can't wait to show you but I have to wait a bit......sorry :) But, I will share the card I designed for our swap. Take a look....







Isn't it yummy??? Definitely destined to become of my faves!!! I used the new Victoria Crocheted Trim and some sewing thread to form a "wreath" on the card and added a bow made from the new Real Red 1/8-inch Taffeta Ribbon. Then I stamped just a portion of the background with Jet Black Stazon, colored it with a blender pen and marker, cut it out and attached it using dimensionals.

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Christmas Collage

Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Confetti Cream

Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Jet Black Stazon, Always Artichoke

Accessories: Blender Pens, Victoria Crocheted Lace Trim, Real Red 1/8-inch Taffeta Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Marker, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

I cannot wait to share more with you from the new mini. All I can say is that the holidays are going to be beautiful this year!! :) I will be putting some kits together for stamp-a-stacks, and some fun gift sets. Look for them in the next couple of months. And if you would like to host a workshop or a catalog party contact me today for info at laurie.gibson57@yahoo.com

Well, I have 25 of these to make so I should get back to work. 'Til next time............

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. Laurie,
    The card is beautiful. I can hardly wait to get one. I've got my swaps done but my desk top conmputer is not working so I'll have to wait to post any pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...