Friday, August 20, 2010

Sketch Frenzy Friday

One of the blogs I visit everyday is that of Sharon Field. She is an amazing stamper!! I love all of her work and recently she was asked to be part of the design team for Sketch Frenzy Friday. Evey Friday she receives a sketch and has to follow that to design a card. Anyone can play along so this week I decided to give it a try. This is the sketch for this week's challenge:





Very simple!! I love these cards because it is something you can make up quickly when you are in a pinch. So, I took out some of the gorgeous new Candy Cane Christmas Designer Series Paper from the new Holiday Mini Catalog and this is my version of the sketch:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Bells and Boughs


Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Baja Breeze, Real Red, Candy Cane Christmas DSP

Ink: Real Red

Accessories: Real Red 1/8-inch Taffeta Ribbon, Wide Oval Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

I just love this new DSP from the Holiday Mini. You won't have to wait much longer - it goes live on September 1st. There are so many wonderful accessories in this one!!! :) And we all know how important it is to "accessorize"....LOL! It was fun to use this sketch as inspiration and I hope you will give it try along withe me. I plan to join them every Friday to bring you some new inspiration. Thanks for stopping by today. 'Til next time........

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!






1 comment:

  1. Very cute! Thanks for playing along with us today.

    Tina
    tinataves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...