Thursday, April 30, 2020

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flourish collection from Graphic 45 for a calendar...but best laid plans and all of that..lol!

With warmer temperatures comes new hope with Spring and some of my favorite holidays. I always look forward to the opportunity to let my mom know how much I appreciate her. We spend our days crafting together, listening to music, and sharing memories and laughter. So, it was only fitting to start using this collection up by making a Mother's Day card.




I started with a 6x6 card base. I added a 5 7/8 x 5 7/8-inch mat of Highland Heather cardstock from Stampin Up. I just can't tell how happy I am that these colors blend so well. Next, I added a layer of the May patterned paper. I cut the elements apart from the calendar page. I layered the Happy Mother's Day element onto Highland Heather cardstock and popped it up with pop dots.

For some added elegance, I glued the Graphic 45 ornate corners underneath the corners of the main element. Then I chose some of the floral images from the May page and did some fussy cutting and a little shaping. I know it takes time and patience but it is such a great way to make your cards really "pop." I glued the butterflies just along the body portion so I could lift their wings for some dimension. Last, but not least, I added two of the super cute little postage stamps to fill in the blank space below the sentiment. I glued one down and added the other with a dimensional.

I just love the way this turned out! It feels to switch gears and get back to making cards for a bit! I didn't realize how much I missed it until I started making them again. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are inspired to dig into your stash and get creating! 'til next time......

Happy Crafting,

Laurie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...