Thursday, April 2, 2020

Fotobella Design Team 2-page Scrapbook Layout

Hi everyone. Today I am sharing my second project for the Fotobella Design Team using the Graphic 45 Ocean Blue collection. When I lived near San Diego, one of my favorites activities was whale watching. This collection was really fun to use with some treasured photos.




I started with navy base pages and cut strips from the 12x12 collection pad to add as borders on two sides of each page. I distressed the edges to give them some texture. I used a distress tool that I have had for awhile but you can also use the blade of your scissors to do this. On the left page, I positioned the borders along the left and upper sides. I did minimal decorations because I really wanted the photos to be the main focus points.




In the upper left corner, I added a tag from the Die Cut Assortment Pack that truly reflects the way I feel about the ocean. And then I cut a section from a border to act as the "title" for this page. I attached the tag with a pop dot and the title with glue dots.




In the lower right corner, I attached a ships wheel that I cut with my Cricut Joy. I cut one from the patterned paper and one from dark brown cardstock to act as a "shadow." Then I added the photos using pop dots to give the page dimension.




On the right page, I attached the borders to the right and lower sides. Then I added another ships wheel to the upper left corner. I popped up the photos on this page as well.




In the lower right corner, I added two of the die cut tags tied together with baker's twine. I used another die cut for the title card. I absolutely love the die cuts that come with this collection! They are amazing!




I will treasure the memory of this trip for a lifetime! Seeing the enormous and graceful blue whale has definitely been one of the greatest things I have had the privilege to do. I cannot think of a better collection to showcase the beauty of this creature.

I hope this has inspired you to create a showcase for some of your own memories. I am so thankful to have a hobby to get me through this period of lockdown here in Michigan. If you are in "the same boat", hopefully you have some time for crafting.

You can purchase everything I used for the layout at Fotobella.com

'Til next time......

Happy Crafting,
Laurie

STAY HOME AND STAY SAFE!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...