Thursday, March 19, 2020

Graphic 45 Ocean Blue Cards

Hi everyone! I hope you are all surviving the chaos of the coronavirus! Hard to believe the empty shelves in the grocery stores. I am hunkered down with Mom as we are both in the "vulnerable" population. Thank the Lord for my wonderful son...he looks out for us!

The good thing is that I have plenty of stash to keep crafting! Whew! I would be stir crazy if not for that..lol!

For my Fotobella Design Team projects this month, I am using the beautiful Ocean Blue collection by Graphic 45. All of the pictures I have seen of this paper just do not do it justice. It is stunning!




I started with a vanilla card base and then a mat of navy cardstock. I used the 8x8 pad of patterned paper and chose the blue stripe because it is so versatile and the images just pop when added on top.

For the horizontal card, I used the "Seas the Day" cut apart matted in navy and attached it over a border cut from one of the 12x12 pages. Then I popped up an element from the Die Cut Assortment Pack in the lower right corner.....




I am just loving these little die cuts! What a fantastic addition to the already great collections by Graphic 45. You get tons of them to play with!

On the vertical card, I used two of the small cut aparts from the 8x8 pad. I matted the plain one with navy cardstock and attached it with adhesive in the lower right corner. I added two flourishes from the die cuts to the upper and lower corners. I layered the Wish Upon a Starfish cut apart onto a frame from the die cut pack and then attached it with dimensionals to make it stand out.....




I sponged all of the patterned paper with Vintage Photo Distress Ink to give it that vintage touch that I love so much!

This paper is truly a dream to work with. I am working on a step-by-step tutorial for my next project so I hope you will come back and check it out! I have so many ideas for this collection! I miss the ocean so much and this has made me bring out the photos and relive some very happy times!

Be sure to visit the Fotobella.com blog to get some more great ideas for this and other collections.

Thanks for stopping by today! Please feel free to leave a comment....I enjoy hearing from you! 'til next time......

Happy Crafting,
Laurie









No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...