Monday, March 2, 2020

Crafternoon Quilt Card For Fotobella Design Team

Sorry for the delay in posting. The last couple of months have just flown by for me. I just finished my first project for March and realized I totally forgot to post the January projects here.

The first project I made was a card using my favorite quilt pattern. This paper really favors more crafts than papercrafting. So, I decided the best thing to do was combine them....




My favorite pattern is called "Turning Twenty." Normally you would use 20 fat quarters of fabric to create the squares but I used the generic patterned papers in the Crafternoon collection instead. I chose 6 patterns and cut one piece in each of three sizes from each one (3/4 x 2, 3/4 x 1 1/4, and 1 1/4 x 1 1/4). Then you lay one of each size together to form a 2-inch square. As you add each square to the card, you rotate them so they lay differently. I attached them to a 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 mat, much like piecing a quilt onto muslin. Then I added a 1/4 inch border to each side and popped up 3/8 - inch square in each corner. I matted the entire piece with coordination cardstock and then attached it to a 5x7 card base. Now, I just needed to decorate my "quilt."




First, I chose the cute little die cut from the ephemera pack and matted it onto a layer of cardstock I cut with a die from my stash. I attached it to the card with dimensional dots surrounded by some baker's twine. This saying was just the perfect one for a quilt card. But, I also love the little wooden elements in this collection....




Couldn't resist those tiny little scissors and the needle and thread....just like my grandmother used. What a great way to finish things off!

I hope you have enjoyed my Fotobella Design Team project and that you will be inspired to create one of your own! You can find everything I used to make this card here.

Thanks for stopping by today! "Til next time....

Happy Crafting,
Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...