Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Another try with Artistic Etchings

The first time I saw this stamp set, I knew I had to have it. It may sound silly but it kind of makes me feel close to my grandmother who was born in France. She passed away when I was a senior in high school (eons ago) and I think of her quite often. So, this stamp set is one I will never get rid off :)

But, the first card I made with it wasn't one of my favorites. I had used the Spritz Spray (which I still have not quite mastered) and it just ended up too busy for my style. So, I decided to try again. I definitely like this one better:




I love the simple combination of Basic Black and Very Vanilla. It makes a card look soooo elegant. And I love the Vintage Wallpaper Impressions Folder. Here is a close-up view of the background it creates:







It really does remind me of the flocked wallpaper they used to sell. Maybe they even still do - I haven't looked in quite awhile. But my mom used to have some in her bathroom and I always thought it was so cool. And now I can get that same look just by using an embossing folder and my Big Shot (you still haven't bought yours???? I can help with that :) ).
I also used a small piece of the wonderful new Newsprint Designer Series Paper - I love the portion about the City of Paris. It pairs perfectly with this stamp set and is also a yummy addition when using the vintage style:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Artistic Etchings

Cardstock:
Basic Black, Very Vanilla

Ink:
Jet Black Stazon

Accessories:
Big Shot with Vintage Wallpaper Impressions Folder, Basic Black 5/8-inch Satin Ribbon, Large Oval and Scallop Oval Punches, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

CAS (cute and simple) cards are always fun and this definitely qualifies as one. It looks as though I spent a lot of time making it but honestly, it took less than 5 minutes to put together once I had it planned out. And there are so many fun color combinations you could use with it. I think it would be fun to do a set.......oh wait, I will show you when I get them finished:)

I hope you enjoyed our little trip to Paris today and Merci for stopping by. 'Til next time.......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!



2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Laurie!! We really miss you here too. Hope you come back to visit us sometime.
    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie,
    Miss you so much and our card class. Sure am glad to see you back up and running with more wonderful creations. You are so talented and I love all your new ideas. Am going to try all of them real soon. Have made a couple using photos, love the concept. Good luck and Hi to your mom. Vena

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...