Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Oval Embossing Template

I have had several readers inquire about my embossed Bells & Boughs card. The original idea came from Patty Bennett last year. To make my template, I cut a piece of chipboard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches. Then I used my Coluzzle cutting tool to start the oval image in the center and finished cutting through with the Hobby Blade. To put it through the Big Shot, you MUST change the sandwich to the All-purpose cutting platform with both tabs on top then add the template, then center the embossing folder by matching up the cardstock inside over the template and then one of the cutting boards on top. If you try to used both cutting boards and no tabs, it will be too thick to go through. This is best way I found to get it to work easily. You will find that it is pretty easy to center the cardstock in the folder over the template because you can see through the folder. I cut my cardstock 3 1/2 x 5 so I had about 1/4-inch of the template showing through all around the cardstock.

That may sound more confusing than it really is :) If you can't figure it out, let me know and I will help you out. This is what my template looks like:





I know that Patty had purchased a wooden one at a local craft store but I could not find one that was thin so I improvised using Stampin' Up's Chipboard Long Boards. It works great!!!

Thanks so much for visiting and inquiring about my template. I hope you will try this - it truly adds a beautiful effect and frames your image. 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...