Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Altered Wood Box

Before I even start this post I just have to tell how excited I am to finally have high-speed internet!!! It would have taken at least 1 1/2 hours to upload these three pics back home and I just did it in about a minute. I am LOVIN' it here !!!! :) Anyway, back to the post.......

The other day my mom and I were exploring the local craft store and I purchased the cutest little wood box!! I have bought and made these boxes before and since I have some of the awesome new products from the upcoming Holiday Mini catalog, I thought I would get another. (I actually have like 15 of them in a box back home and they will arrive with my dear husband in a few months :) )

So, here is the box after I did my alterations:







First, I traced the sides onto my Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper and then cut them out. I smeared the Anywhere Glue stick all over the sides and attached the paper. Then I traced and cut shorter pieces to go on the inside. I used a different pattern on both sides and then layered them with Always Artichoke cardstock that I ran through my Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder:








I wrapped a piece of the Basic Black 5/8-inch Satin Ribbon around and attached the ends with Mini Glue Dots on the front side. Then I stamped the new Christmas Postcard (single stamp under $10) image onto Very Vanilla cardstock with Jet Black Stazon ink. After coloring it with my markers, I ran that through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing folder. Then I added an "antique" touch to it by sponging around the edges with Crumb Cake ink. I layered that onto Cherry Cobbler (also sponged) and attached the piece with dimensionals. I attached a bow on the corner with Mini Glue Dots and then I added some of our new pearls to the center of two of the poinsettias:







The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Christmas Postcard

Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper

Ink: Jet Black Stazon

Accessories: Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand and Cherry Cobbler Markers, Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Basic Pearls, Basic Black 5/8-inch Satin Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

I just love the new Basic Pearls. They come with adhesive already on them so you just peel-and-stick. Soooo easy to apply!!!! And you get 150 of them for less than $5. Fantastic deal!!! I really wish you could see the actual rich tone of the Cherry Cobbler cardstock. Pictures just do not do it justice. It looks like deep red velvet! Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love how this turned out and it can be used for so many things. You can use it to hold your stamping tools, add a bag of candy inside, make notecards to fit - the possibilities are endless !! And it is an easy inexpensive gift for someone special. If you would like to receive this box as a gift, go to my online store and place a minimum $30 order to be entered in the drawing. It will be filled with a surprise and I will draw the winner on August 25th. 'Til next time.......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Laurie! Sounds like you are keeping very busy out there.
    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...