Friday, August 6, 2010

CAS - Cute and Simple

I love simple, easy cards just as much as I love the ones I put a huge amount of time into. One of my favorite stamp sets for cute and simple cards is Herb Expressions. Not only does it have four wonderful flower images, it also has verses. I love the sets that combine both of those items because sometimes it is just too difficult to afford both. So, when I get both items for the price of one - I am a happy girl!!!

So, I got out my Many Marvelous Markers and I came up with this:







I started with a base of Crumb Cake (sounds soooo much more appealing than Kraft) and then layered it with Wild Wasabi and Perfect Plum. Then I colored the image of the Lavendar flowers with Wild Wasabi and Perfect Plum markers, huffed the image (the only time it is legal and safe :) ) and then stamped it on a piece of Confetti Cream. Sometimes I stamped it twice before reinking and huffing so it gave different variations of color. Then I stamped the Birthday Wishes from Occasional Quotes and added it using dimensionals. The Perfect Plum ribbon was created by holding a sponge dauber on top of Whisper White 3/8-inch Taffeta Ribbon while I dragged it across my Perfect Plum Classic Ink pad. It is so easy to have every color of ribbon if you do this.

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Herb Expressions, Occassional Quotes

Cardstock:
Crumb Cake, Perfect Plum, Confetti Cream, Wild Wasabi

Ink:
Perfect Plum

Accessories:
Wild Wasabi and Perfect Plum Markers, Whisper White 3/8-inch Taffeta Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

I know I said I am a "happy girl" when the stamp set includes both the image and the verse but unfortunately, it doesn't have just a quick specific quote - so I had to use two. The good thing about Occasional Quotes is that it is a Level 3 Hostess Set so you can earn it for FREE!!! And August is a great time to book a home workshop to earn that ($500 in sales) along with an additional $25 in FREE merchandise if your sales equals at least $350!! If you are in the San Diego area and would like to book a workshop, contact me at laurie.gibson57@yahoo.com and I will get you on my calendar. 'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...