Thursday, August 5, 2010

JUGS-44 Challenge

Well, I haven't gotten a class going out here yet so I needed some new inspiration to keep me motivated. So, my mom introduced me to some websites that offer weekly challenges. I figured this would be a good way to keep me working :)

The first challenge is for the JUGS-44. I just love this - it stands for Just Us Girls :) The first time I saw it I couldn't help but laugh because it made me think of an old movie called "Mother, Jugs, and Speed." If my memory serves me correctly, Raquel Welch played the role of "Jugs". Oh well, I digress.....back to the challenge :)

This one required you to make a wedding card. And since most of my stuff is still in Michigan, I had to borrow a couple of things from my roomie (thanks, Mom) to come up with this:







I started with a Whisper White card base and added a layer of Basic Black. Then I stamped the sentiment on a piece of Whisper White and ran it through my Big Shot (you seriously need one of these) using the Polka Dot Embossing Folder and layered that over the black. After attaching them to the card base, I tied the yummy Whisper White Satin Ribbon around the whole card front. Doing it this way gives a piece of ribbon on the inside of the card to stick your check or cash or even a gift card under so it doesn't fall out when the card is opened (and no, I was not the smart person who came up with the idea.) Then I cut two hearts using the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit and my Big Shot. I added those on the card using dimensionals. Here is a closer view:






I absolutely LOVE that embosslit. It embosses and cuts the hearts in one swipe through the Big Shot. They are the neatest thing when added with dimensionals - it just makes them POP!!

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Occasional Quotes (Level 3 Hostess)

Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White

Ink: Jet Black Stazon

Accessories: Big Shot (order one here), Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit, Whisper White 5/8-inch Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

Well, I have certainly enjoyed this first challenge and I have a few others to work on now. It should be fun to try these. There are alot of amazing stampers who come up with and take part in these challenges and it will be great to work with them. Hope you enjoyed the card and I look forward to sharing more with you. 'Til next time........

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammagram!

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!!! The layout is simple but so completely elegant and classy, especially in black and white! Love the dry embossing too. Such a stunning creation, while away from home too :) Kudos to you! We're so glad you found our challenge blog and were able to play along! Hope you'll keep coming back! Thanks for playing along with the wedding wild card challenge at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you found us! We started the challenge in October...breast cancer month. So the "JUGS" name was intended! LOL!!

    Your card is so pretty and great idea about the ribbon on the inside! I never do that!
    Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...