Monday, August 16, 2010

Occasional Quotes

This past weekend my brother and his wife and a very good friend all partipated in walks or runs for charity. Due to health issues, I am not able to do this sort of thing but I do try to volunteer in the organizational aspect of such events. I believe that it is important for those of us who are able, to find some way to "give back." Stampin' Up is a company that also fosters that philosophy. They donate regularly to the Ronald McDonald Houses across the nation. They even sell a stamp set every year and a portion of the price goes to RMH locations. I do not have the one for this year yet, but in the meantime there is a set that offers the perfect sentiment to thank those who do these selfless acts such as they just did. It is called "Occasional Quotes" and can only be earned free with a qualifying order because it is a hostess set. This is the card I made using that sentiment:






This quote by Winston Churchill is perfect to add to a note in thanks and appreciation for someone who participates in any charity event or who performs a random act of kindness.

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Occasional Quotes, Punch Potpourri

Cardstock: Perfect Plum, Pink Pirouette,WhisperWhite
Ink: Perfect Plum

Accessories: Big Shot with Finial Press Impressions Folder, Decorative Label Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Pretty In Pink 3/8-inch Taffeta Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

The flowers I used for this card are in the Punch Potpourri stamp set that is also a hostess set. It has 4 images that coordinate perfectly with 4 different punches. Contact me today if you want a chance to earn them :) I learned how to mat the new Decorative Label punched piece from a video by Angela McKay. It is so easy.......don't know why I didn't think of it :) You simply cut apart two pieces and layer them on to the back!! Be sure to check out her video for complete instructions. She is awesome for sharing it with all of us!

Well, I still have those swap cards to finish up so I need to get back to them. Take the time to do a random act of kindness for someone today. It may just be what both of you need :) 'Til next time.......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laurie,

    How's it going. Still missing you. I really like this card as well as all the rest for Aug. Keep up the good work. Hi to your MOM. Vena

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...