Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bells & Boughs Sneak Peek

There is just so much to love in the new Holiday Mini that begins on September 1st. One of my favorite sets is called Bells & Boughs. I love poinsettias and when use color them with the new Cherry Cobbler marker, the petals look like rich red velvet!! Simply gorgeous!!!!!

I figured this stamp set would go perfectly with the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder and the template idea that Patty Bennett shared with all of us last year - and I was right! This is how it turned out:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Bells & Boughs, Come to Bethlehem

Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Shimmery White

Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Cherry Cobbler

Accessories: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, and So Saffron Markers, Big Shot with Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponges, 3/16-inch Hole Punch, Gold Brads

After I ran the Shimmery White cardstock through the Big Shot using the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder, I lightly sponged Cherry Cobbler ink over the raised flowers. After attaching that layer to the Always Artichoke layer, I attached it to the card base using dimensionals. I really wish you could see the sparkle in this card. I tried several times to get a good close-up but the angle of the lighting just isn't working for me today :( The Shimmery White cardstock just has such a beautiful sparkle to it. It adds so much to the images because the sparkle shows right through the ink and markers.

Well, my swap cards are finished and went out in the mail yesterday, so now I have more time to play :) Thanks for stopping by today and I hope to "see" you again tomorrow. 'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...