Saturday, August 28, 2010

Build-a-Bear Scrapbook Page

One day last week, I designed a card using the new Bear Hugs stamp set for the hostess at my mom's workshop today. She is expecting a new grandson soon and wanted her workshop to focus on the Build-a-Bear products and scrapbooking. She really wants a "Grandma's brag book" :) After I designed the card, I thought it would be fun to incorporate it into the scrapbook page.

I started digging through my Designer Series Paper and was able to combine a couple of sets to come up with this:





Isn't is just tooo cute!!? I used the new Pawsitively Prints II for the background, trimmed down to 11 3/4 x 11 3/4 and layered on Crumb Cake 12 x 12. I cut the large and small scallop squares from Tempting Turquoise and Poppy Parade. The title and the small lined piece for journaling are from the Newsprint Designer Series Paper. I added Linen Thread laces to the bear's shoes and put the adhesive sheet on the back of the Crumb Cake cardstock before cutting him out with the Big Shot so he became a self-adhesive die cut. I love these sheets!!!! Endless possibilities :)

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Bear Hugs

Cardstock:
Crumb Cake 12 x 12 and 8 1/2 x 11, Poppy Parade, Tempting Turquoise, Very Vanilla, Pawsitively Prints II DSP, Newsprint DSP

Ink:
Basic Gray

Accessories:
Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Bear and Beary Essentials, Scallop Square, and Scallop Squares Duo dies, Adhesive Sheets, Linen Thread, Small Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Pinking Hearts Border and Corner Punches, Poppy Parade 1/2-inch Stitched Poly Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tombo All-Purpose Glue, Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquoise, Poppy Parade and Basic Black Markers

I had so much fun creating this page. I am totally in love with the Build-a-Bear line of products!! These little guys are so much to play with and make outfits for. Some of the pieces are a bit small, but the Tombo All-purpose Glue made it simple to put them together. As you can see, they are well worth the effort :) I am definitely putting a class together for these!! And the Newprint DSP offered just the right touch for journaling and the title!! That little square is perfect for adding the name, weight, date and all the usual baby announcement info to describe the picture that will be displayed on top of the large squares below. And I love the way the little bear seems to be saying "and now, introducing.....". Just toooo sweet!!!!

I hope you have enjoyed the page as much as I have. I am excited to put it all together at the workshop and present it to our hostess. Hopefully, it will inspire you to create a page of your own. Thanks for coming by today - I have enjoyed sharing with you. 'Til next time........

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...