Monday, August 30, 2010

Day of Gratitude

I am so excited for the Holiday Mini sales period to begin for all of you!! I have had so much fun with the few things I was able to preorder and play with. I have been dabbling a bit in the Halloween stuff, but my favorite fall holiday has always been Thanksgiving. I love it when the leaves change color, the air becomes crisp and breezy, and the moon shines brilliant orange just above the horizon. Farmers call it a harvest moon. These are things I will truly miss this year. I am sure I will have some crisp, cool days - but there aren't many trees here in San Diego that change color :) Oh well, I can always drive up to the mountains.

Wow, I really got off the subject....my card! One of the coolest stamp sets in the new mini catalog is called "Day of Gratitude." And, it has awesome coordinating paper called "Autumn Spice." The paper is heavyweight cardstock and will perfect for some really cool projects. In the meantime, I pulled some things out and this is what I came up with:





I stamped the leaf image onto a sheet included in the Specialty Paper so they stand up well and are just attached using a couple of glue dots on each one. They have a mustard tone behind the color - sooooo gorgeous in person!!! The stamped image was colored with Cajun Craze and More Mustard markers and then stamped on the Very Vanilla piece. I love the way it turned out!!

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Day of Gratitude

Cardstock:
Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Autumn Spice Specialty Paper

Ink:
Early Espresso, Cajun Craze

Accessories:
Cajun Craze and More Mustard Markers, Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

This year will mark the first time in 25 years that I will not be with my son on Thanksgiving - but, God willing, we will be together for Christmas. It will be the first time in more than 20 years that I will not have my family at my house for Thanksgiving dinner. Years ago, we set up a plan to make sure we got to together now and then. Each of chose a holiday to have a family dinner on. Mine was Thanksgiving. It will be odd not to do that this year - I always loved baking the pies and putting the turkey in the roaster about midnight and waking up to the smell of roasted turkey and stuffing........oh my, I am getting anxious for November - LOL!!! I will be with my west coast family members this year and I know someone will cook dinner :)

My family and friends in Michigan will have to settle for a handmade card from me this year. I will miss them all and will continue to count them with my blessings every day. Thanks for coming by today and letting me share some memories. 'Til next time........

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

5 comments:

  1. Great card. I love that designer paper as well. Good idea stamping directly onto the designer paper and then cutting the leaves out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that I really don't love the stamp set but I love your card!!! Now I like it a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect, wonderful card! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you can tell from my blog, I love that set. Your card is awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...