Monday, August 2, 2010

Helping Hudson

Everyday I visit a list of blogs and I belong to a couple of Yahoo groups. I go there to find ideas and inspiration. When I was reading my updates tonight, I came across a punch art card inspired by Kim Score (she is the QUEEN of punch art). When I went on her blog, however, I was inspired by something totally different than her talent.

She told a story about a little boy in Australia who is facing some pretty tough times. His name is Hudson. He is 2 1/2 years old, is legally blind, and was recently diagnosed with epilepsy. His mom is a stamper and a group of Stampin' Up Demonstrators have joined together to help Hudson and his family. He needs an expensive wheelchair that will enable him to be mobile enough to play with his siblings and these demonstrators have graciously donated some awesome tutorials that are being sold to help raise the $5000 needed for his Kid's Walker. These tutorial bundles include 10 step-by-step instructions for projects in six different catagories - Christmas, Projects for Men and Boys, Punch Art, Kid's Birthdays, Scrapbooking, and Bags, Boxes & Gifts. Each bundle costs only $10 Australian which is about $7.75 US.




His story touched my heart in a really big way. I plan to purchase all of the tutorials and not just because I want some really great projects and the bonus bundle for purchasing at least 4 of them, but because I know what it is like to have a sick child. I thank God every day that my son did not have to go through the trials this little boy is facing. Please visit his website by clicking here or on the button in the left column to read his story and consider joining the stamping community as we raise the money needed to improve this little boy's life.

I don't normally pass fundraisers on but I truly believe this is a very worthwhile cause. I hope you will consider supporting Hudson. I will be purchasing these tutorials and will post some samples as soon as I get them. They are available Aug.1 - 22. Thank you all so much. 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...