Monday, August 23, 2010

This Week's 411 Challenge

I am really starting to like these challenges. They really make you think about how you can put things together and what different ways there are to create the effect intended. We all interpret things differently so you end getting lots of fun ideas! This week really made me think because the logical solution was to use my Circle Scissor Plus. But, since that hasn't made the trek west yet (which means I didn't bring it in my suitcase), I had to improvise :) This is the basic layout for the card:





And this is my version:




I just love the black and white combo so I used Basic Black and Shimmery White. It is difficult to see the sparkle in the white :( This paper really is gorgeous!! I used the Finial Press embossing folder with my Big Shot to add some texture. I stamped the hearts with the hostess set Punch Potpourri and punched them out with the Full Heart Punch. I attached one to a scrap of Basic Black and just trimmed around it because I also forgot to bring along the Punch Window Dies for the Movers and Shapers......go figure! LOL!! I think sometimes I would forget my brain if it wasn't attached :) And Michigan is a little far to go to grab something - thank goodness for my BFF Debbie who is boxing some items up as we speak!!! Don't know what I would do without her - she is also my upline :)

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Punch Potpourri, Occasional Quotes, Tiny Tags

Cardstock:
Basic Black, Shimmery White

Ink:
Jet Black Stazon

Accessories:
Big Shot with Finial Press Textured Impressions Folder, Full Heart punch, Small Oval Punch, Filigree Brads, Basic Black 5/8-inch Satin Ribbon, 2 3/8-inch Scallop Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, 3/16-inch Hole Punch

I can't wait for someone to get married so I can give this to them :) I don't know of anyone who is until next summer so I may have to tuck it away until then. But for now, I have just a few more swap cards to finish up so I can get them in the mail. I hope today's challenge card inspires you to create a card to share with someone special. Thanks for visiting and hope to see you again. 'Til next time.......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

14 comments:

  1. Laurie I LOVE what you did with this! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant wedding card. Can I case this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning!!! Thank you so much for playing along with Stamping 411! So pretty... whew..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Your choice of the "Mr & Mrs" coupled with [pun actually not intended, LOL] the quote is a wonderful idea! And all other elements are JUST right. :) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant! Love the "newsprint" of the hearts... Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never go wrong with black and white. It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your lovely comments and yes, Maria - feel free to case this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you improvised on the sketch, it came out beautifully! And, I use Shimmery White cs ALL the time so I can imagine just how gorgeous this card is in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous and so elegant. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on being featured on Late Night Stampers blog finds of the day. I love the card. I'll be coying it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. Yes, I love the black & white look too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what you did with the hGreat job! Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators! We hope you'll be sharing more with us soon! Blessings, Gretchenearts. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...