Sunday, August 29, 2010

Spooky Halloween Bag

So, I know I said I don't normally do a lot for Halloween, but Stampin' Up just has so many cute stamps sets this year. And I love the Fancy Favor box die for the Big Shot (you just have to have this!!) It makes the cutest little box that can be closed or left open to use as a bag like this:






Aren't those shoes just a "pair to die for?" :) As soon as I saw those I knew I just had to have them!! I really wish the stamp set from the Occasions mini earlier this year that had the verse "Give a woman the right footwear and she can conquer the world" would have carried over to the new catalog. I would soooooo be using that verse with these shoes...LOL! And since I just can't part with it, I probably will in the future :)

I wanted to give the bag that extra Halloween touch. So, before I put it together, I ran it through my Big Shot using the Spider Web embossing folder from the new Holiday Mini that starts September 1st. I didn't think I would ever use that. But, I just keep finding more and more ways to apply that texture! I love it!! Here is a closer view so you can get the full affect:





It is so much fun to play with. I can get the cool look of a spider web without the creepy, crawly things that normally come with them.

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Wicked Cool

Cardstock: Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Wicked Fun Specialty Paper

Ink: Jet Black Stazon

Accessories: Big Shot with Fancy Favor die and Spider Web embossing folder, Rich Razzleberry Marker, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Rich Razzleberry 1 1/4-inch Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Crop-a-Dile

I found that it is possible to cut this box using just 8 1/2 x 11-inch cardstock rather than using 12x12. I cut my Basic Black 5 1/4 x 11 and laid it right at the edge of the box on the die that doesn't have the little flap on it. It makes the flap on the other end the perfect width to add your sticky strip to for closing and holds together beautifully!! That way, you can save your 12x12 for scrapbooking fun!!! I used the large hole punch on the side of the Crop-a-dile on each side of the bag. I put the end of the ribbon through from the outside and just tide a knot close to end on the inside of the bag to keep it from coming through. Now all that is left to do is filling it with goodies :)

Thanks for allowing me to share my little Halloween bag with you today and I hope you are inspired to copy and share with your friends. 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...