Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Challenge 83 card

One of the yahoo groups I belong to offers a challenge every week for a card design. This week the challenge was to create a card using a stamp for something it would not normally be used for. Someone stamped on a candle which was awesome but the challenge also said you could use a Christmas stamp for a birthday card or something along that line. So, that is what I decided to do. I just got a wonderful new Christmas set and decided to use it on an anniversary card. This is how it turned out:





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Come To Bethlehem, Occasional Quotes

Cardstock: Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White

Ink: Basic Gray

Accessories: Big Shot with Polka Dot Impressions Folder, Pretty In Pink 5/8-inch Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

I like this card for a couple of reasons. First it really represents two kinds of love perfectly - God's love which began the moment Jesus was born and will last an eternity, and the love that begins when you say your vows and grows over the years. It was fun to think outside the box to come up with this. I may have to do this more often :) It's so fun to be a little unconventional sometimes....you should give it a try! 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

3 comments:

  1. Laurie,
    I love the card. That set is one of my favorites. If your in Sandy Haynes swap you'll get one of my cards. If not you'll probably see it posted sometime.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lynn. I am in Sandy's swap :) Can't wait to see what everyone is working on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Laura. What an incredibly lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...