Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fun make-n-take

My mom (she's a member of my downline) had her first workshop yesterday so I helped her out by coming up with some quick make-and-takes. The first one we did uses one of my favorite sets - Upsy Daisy. This set is so fun!! You can make the coolest cards without even adding embellishments. That's what we did yesterday. We coupled it with the All A Flutter set from the Summer Mini Catalog to come up with this:






I love adding this butterfly with a dimensional because it makes it appear as if he's flying over the grass :) So simple and yet a pretty way to say "thanks for being my friend."

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Upsy Daisy, All a Flutter

Cardstock:
Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Garden Green, Whisper White

Ink:
Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, Jet Black Stazon

Accessories:
Daffodil Delight and Garden Green Markers, Stampin' Dimensionals

I love cards that look elegant and yet don't take a ton of supplies to make - that makes them easier to duplicate. And I stamped the butterfly on top of the grass, then stamped it again on a scrap. I colored the extra one and cut it out then added it with a dimensional. I got this idea from someone (I can't remember who - sorry) and thought it was so cool because you don't have to worry about cutting out the antennae on the butterfly. You can just use the ones on the image you layer it over. Soooo much easier!!!

Well, I am diligently searching for a job so I guess I better get back to my search. I will share the other make-and-take tomorrow. 'Til next time.......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

  1. Great card - one of my all time favorites too. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.. .love the butterfly :) Hugs, Laurie!!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...