Monday, May 24, 2010

With Heartfelt Sympathy

Today I am posting the kind of cards none of us likes to make - only because of the reasons behind them. Sadly, my cousin's wife passed away yesterday at the very young age of 50. Her son will graduate from high school in just a week or so, her youngest daughter is still in high school and her eldest daughter is in college. We lost her to breast cancer that was gone and came back in her brain. It was just a few short months since her latest diagnosis, but we know she is in a much better place with no more suffering or pain. So, I pulled out a couple of cards that I made with my monthly card class in the past so I could choose just the right one. The first one I found is this:





This is just a simple card using the following supplies:

Stamp Set: Close to a Memory

Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Orchid Opulence, Shimmery White, Cottage Wall DSP

Ink: Certainly Celery, Orchid Opulence

Accessories: Ornament Punch, Orchid Opulence and Certainly Celery Markers, Stampin' Sponges

Isn't the little vase too cute? It is made with the ornament punch and then you just cut the point off to form the flat bottom.

The next one I found is most likely the one I will give to them. It really describes the way you feel with this kind of loss and the whirlwind of activity leading up to the silence when everything settles:





It is so wonderful knowing that God is always near and hopefully that will bring them all some comfort. The supplies used are:

Stamp Set: Refuge and Strength

Cardstock: Orchid Opulence, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Cottage Wall DSP

Ink: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry

Accessories: 5-Petal Flower Punch, Filigree Designer Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals

Anyone who has ever lost a loved one knows that any amount of encouragement and love they receive from family and friends is what gets them through these first few days and God is what will keep them going beyond that. I hope my card will help them to know peace in their hearts and love in their lives. 'Til next time.......

Hug your family and tell them you love them,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...