Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Very Special Graduation Card

I received a graduation announcement this past week from a friend whose youngest daughter is graduating this year. I just love the design her class chose:






So, I thought it would be neat if I could design a card special for her that resembled the invitation. It is a variation of a tri-fold card so I figured it couldn't be too complicated. I just wasn't quite sure how to do the shiny silver strip. Our Brushed Silver cardstock just wasn't quite the look I was going for. So, I thought maybe the Platinum Shimmer Paint might work - and I was right:





It is difficult to see how shiny it is because of the shadows - I wish I had better lighting in my house. All of my windows just seem to face the wrong direction :) Saves on air conditioning, but lousy for taking indoor pictures! Anyway, it does look really neat in real life :) I used the Groom Specialty paper for the card base. I wanted something with some texture to it and I didn't have any of the Basic Black Textured cardstock - but this fit the bill perfectly :) I embossed the verse and the Varsity Numbers with silver emboss powder to add some elegance. Then I layered them both onto Real Red cardstock. Vestaburg's school colors are Black, Red, and White so I wanted to incorporate each color. And, because of the relationship that I have had with this young lady for the many years I have known her, I knew we needed that element of humor as well:





Here is another close-up of those feet - I LOVE them!!! And, just like my son, I believe she would prefer those flip-flops (LOL!).





The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Happy Grad, Go Graduate, Varsity Numbers

Cardstock: Groom Specialty Paper, Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black

Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Versamark

Accessories: Platinum Shimmer Paint, Stampin' Sponges, Silver Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Real Red Marker, Stampin' Dimensionals

I has so much fun putting this together for Nicole. It is pretty cool when you can make something that ties perfectly with an invitation. That is the beauty of making your own cards - I am positive I could not have found this at any card store :) 'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...