Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tri-Fold Card

Before I show you a card today, I have to share the bridal shower table decorations I made with one of my customers last night. First, I must apologize for the skewed colors. It was late and I had to turn on the dining room light which always causes a wierd yellow-ish glow to everything :( They really did turn out very cool!! We got the idea from my Aussie Mate Linda Craven. She had made one of these as a swap item for me. Well, the ladies in my card class loved it so much that one of them decided it would be just the thing for her daughter's bridal shower. So, using Bella Bleu DSP, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, and Not Quite Navy cardstock, we came up with these:




We made them using empty brad containers. She is going to fill them with blue and brown M&M's. Toooo cute!!! So, onto the card.

I got this idea for a Tri-fold Card from June Switzer. Many of you know her as my mom :) She had posted some of them on her blog and thought we should make one this month. I totally agreed !!! I am so excited about Pink Pirouette coming back so I thought I would take advantage of that and this is what I came up with:




I used Basic Gray for the card base. Since we really have no Designer Series Paper that goes with Basic Gray and Pink Pirouette, I decided to create my own using the Presto Patterns Paper. I just sponged it with the pink and gray and then went all over it with Platinum Shimmer Paint. While that was still damp, I sponged all over with more Pink Pirouette. It looks cool in the photos but is absolutely gorgeous in real life! I carried the theme of the cover to the inside as well:




These cards are made using a 4" x 12" base and are really neat when you open them. You have to add the ribbon as a way to close them up:




Here is a closer view of the DSP I created with the Presto Patterns Paper. You could also add something to the upper portion of the base that is not covered - even a photo would be neat since this is National Scrapbooking Month and graduations are coming up..... endless possibilities :)




You can get a full tutorial for this card on Splitcoast Stampers. They really are quite simple to put together and are very versatile for all occasions...perfect for a wedding!!

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Greenhouse Garden, Sincere Salutations, Wonderful Favorites

Cardstock: Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Presto Patterns Specialty

Ink: Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray

Accessories: Platinum Shimmer Paint, Stampin' Sponges, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Scallop Trim Corner Punch, Pretty In Pink Satin Ribbon, Sticky Strip, Bone Folder (for scoring)

I am sure I will making a lot of these in the future. New styles are always fun to explore and expand on - and I LOVE a challenge :) I will be sure to share some more of them with you. 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...