Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Tropical Vacation

Well, it is another cool cloudy day here in Michigan so I decided I needed some tropical inspiration. But, it is way too early in the day for a Pina Colada or some other fruity drink with an umbrella in it, so I looked to my stamp collection instead :)

Seriously, in the new Summer Mini catalog, we have access to a full line of tropical products. A stamp set, designer series paper, a new die for the Big Shot, a designer photo album, and the cutest little party favor boxes! I just love this line! Having grown up just outside of San Diego, I have a spot in my heart for palm trees and balmy ocean breezes topped off by amazing sunsets on the beach.......can you tell I am seriously in need of a vacation?????

But, back to reality and this card I put together last night:





I wasn't quite sure if I liked it at first - a little busier than I am used to - but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me :) It is so fun because everything in this line coordinates with each other. The Island Oasis DSP includes the same images as the Tropical Party stamp set. Those were the only two products I used with this card but check back again as I will be using the others as well.

I really like the little flowers in this stamp set. They offer versatility beyond simply stamping them. I stamped the large flower from the set twice onto Whisper White (great way to use up some scraps) and then cut them out. The image has an outline around it so for the bottom layer I left the outline there but then cut the other without the outline. I put the smaller image on top, hooked them together with a colored brad and curled the edges of the top flower upward using my bone folder. Too cute!!

:


What a fun way to add some dimension to a flower :) The stamp set is only images so I chose a verse from the Full of Life stamp set to give meaning to the card. Simple and fun - my kind of card!!
The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Full of Life, Tropical Party

Cardstock:
Whisper White (also used as the card base), Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Old Olive, Island Oasis Designer Series Paper

Ink:
Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise

Accessories:
Old Olive Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Earth Elements Brads, Bold Brights Brads, Rich Regals Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

The brads I used on this card will surely be on the Last Chance list that will be published on June 1st. So, if you want any of them (they each come in a package with 4 different colors) you should order soon. We are already seeing a rush on the discontinuing colors so I know the supply will deplete quickly in June. You can order yours by going to my Online Store or by contacting me at gibby@cmsinter.net

I hope you enjoyed our visit to the tropics and I look forward to having more of them. 'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...