Monday, May 3, 2010

Presto Patterns Paper

This morning I was lying in bed listening to the radio and started thinking about what I could do for my card class this month. I thought about all of the wonderful new products in the Summer Mini Catalog and knew I wanted to do at least one more vintage card - and then it hit me. Why not use the Presto Patterns Paper! It has some super cool patterns that you make appear magically using a number of techniques. So, I got out of bed and set to work - this is what I came up with:




I started the card by adding color to the Presto Patterns Paper with Stampin' Sponges and Mellow Moss, Pale Plum, and Perfect Plum ink. I just sponged here and there with the Mellow Moss and Perfect Plum and then blended and covered the white spots with Pale Plum. As you sponge on the color, the pattern appears in white because it resists the ink. I used to do this technique by stamping a background stamp with Versamark ink and then using cotton balls and the Stampin' Pastels. This is much easier and doesn't smudge like the chalks sometimes do. And you get 6 different designs in each package! So cool! I wanted to do things a little different and "out of the box" a bit so I used the Scallop Trim Corner Punch on each layer plus the card base. The picture came out a bit blurred but I think you can see what I mean:




And, I love to incorporate my Big Shot each month on at least one project (or more) so I decided to use the Stampin' Up Exclusive Beautiful Butterflies die. I just love these! There are 4 different butterflies that you can cut from this die. I chose the large flat one. Before I cut it out, I stamped the flowers from the Elements of Style stamp set in Perfect Plum onto the Perfect Plum cardstock. I love the tone-on-tone when I want a more subtle appearance. After I cut it I added a strip of the adhesive rhinestones I had left from the Egg-cellent Egg Kit that was featured in the Occasions Mini catalog - just the right amount of bling without ruining the vintage effect:




Then I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set onto a small piece of Whisper White and mounted it onto a piece of Mellow Moss sponged around the edges with Perfect Plum and then onto a layer of Perfect Plum that I ran through the Big Shot with the new Square Lattice Embossing Folder. This folder is an absolute "must have" if you like the vintage style. It adds so much elegance to your cardstock and the texture fits right in with this style:




I like to put a layer on the inside of my cards as well, especially when using darker shades of cardstock for my base. I stayed with the same basic design by stamping the flowers onto Whisper White cardstock, punching the corners and sponging the edges with both Mellow Moss and Perfect Plum. This time I stamped one of the verses from Herb Expressions because I just think it really fits "Life's moments" with our friends:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Elements of Style, Herb Expressions

Cardstock:
Perfect Plum, Mellow Moss, Whisper White, Presto Patterns Paper

Ink:
Mellow Moss, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum

Accessories:
Scallop Trim Corner Punch, Stampin' Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot with Beautiful Butterflies die and Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Egg-cellent Egg Kit (retired), White Organza Ribbon

I just love the way this turned out. Now if I can just bring myself to part with it :) I may have to enlarge it and add some more embellishments to fill a frame. After all, this is National Scrapbook Month........ I feel another project coming on!!

Well, I hope my ladies enjoy making this one as much as I did. If you would like to make one, too, and live in Central Michigan, please contact me at gibby@cmsinter.net to reserve your spot on May 20th. 'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!


1 comment:

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...