Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kissing Fishes

Sorry I have missed a couple of days posting. As you may have read in my previous post, my cousin's wife passed away this past Sunday. Today we gathered to lay her to rest. A sad day, but a good one, too because she is in a far better place and no longer suffering.

But, on to happier moments. This past weekend was also my 28th wedding anniversary. Yes, my husband is a very lucky man :) LOL!!! And, of course, I am pretty lucky, too. I have never made many anniversary cards and with all of the events of the weekend, I decided to just dig through my boxes and see what I had. I found this one:





Don't you just love these little kissing fishes? They are actually made with the Ornament Punch - tooo cute!!! Their fins are the Scallop Oval Punch layered on the back. I added them to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals and put the Small Heart piece in between. Awwww - true love :) I used the small heart punch on the corners of the Taken With Teal cardstock to give a bit of a framed affect. And I really loved the Kisses Notes from the Occasions Mini catalog. So easy to make a layered mat for a card front.

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Delightful Decorations, With All My Heart

Cardstock: So Saffron, Taken With Teal, Rose Red, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper

Ink: Taken With Teal, Rose Red

Accessories: Ornament Punch, Small Heart Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Kisses Sending Love Notes, Black Journaler

Super simple and easy but oh so cute!! It is so fun to use Stampin' Up punches. I have seen so many amazing ideas - wish I could come up with some on my own :) There are some very talented people out there with creative imaginations. Punch cards are fun and easy and always like an added treat - and we all love treats. 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...