Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Altered Tin

Yesterday, I was trying to figure out a new project to show at the Vendor Show this Saturday that perhaps I could turn into a class. So, I started going through all of my supplies and pulled these out:




The next obstacle was coming up with something that would be both useful and appealing. I worked all day on this - mainly because I kept changing my mind about what I wanted to do. If I simply made the project, it most likely could have been finished in a couple of hours. But, there was coffee to be made and chocolate to be eaten along the way - one must have priorities :)
Anyway, I think I finally came up with something pretty cool:




I purchased a gazillion of these tins (well, actually only 30) when Stampin' Up put them on clearance but I know there are websites where you can purchase them. They work perfectly with the Pendant, Fresh Cut, and Elegant Note Cards in our regular catalog. I put 3 cards with envelopes inside which I decorated to match the theme. These notes, unfortunately, do not meet the postal requirements for mailing but they are perfect to put in a friend's mail slot at church or to include with a small gift to brighten someone's day. I just love them!! Once those note cards have been used, the tin can be stood up and used as a bi-fold frame:




The background mat is already furnished. All you have to do is add your photos. This is really cool to sit on a shelf or a mantle and a perfect way to display vintage photos of grandparents and beyond. Here are the note cards I put inside:



I layered a piece of Not Quite Navy on the inside of the note card after removing the little punch-out pieces. I also layered that with a piece of the DSP just to tie the inside to the outside. I stamped the floral image from Elements of Style on the front of the notecard with Sahara Sand and then sponged the edges of everything with Soft Suede. Then I matted the back of the tin so if it was sat up on a coffee table where it could be seen from both directions, you could also mount a picture there. And, it just seemed so unfinished without it:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Elements of Style

Cardstock:
Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla, Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper

Ink:
Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede

Accessories:
Big Shot with Floral Fushion sizzlit die, Pretties Kit, 2-Step Bird Punch, Kraft Taffeta Ribbon, Scallop Trim Corner Punch, Fancy Flower Punch, Photo Corner Punch, Stampin' Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Mini Glue Dots, Pendant Note Cards, Tin (approx. 5" x 5 1/2")

Of course this does not necessarily have to be done in the vintage style. There are so many possibilities for this little gem. It would be great decorated for graduates with note cards that could be used for special thank you's, or for a child's birthday, Mother's Day, Father's Day.....so many ways it could be decorated and displayed. And don't forget baby showers or bridal showers.... the list goes on....If you would like to order one done for your occasion, the cost is $10 and you can contact me at gibby@cmsinter.net Supplies are limited so order today!! 'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...