Thursday, May 27, 2010

Frolicking Fairies

There are times when we all need a little bit of magic in our lives. So, this stamp set - "A Little Bit of Magic" - came along at the perfect time. The images of frolicking fairies are absolutely adorable and work very well with so many techniques. One of my favorites is Dazzling Diamond Dust. It really makes a colored image pop!! I thought this set would be just what every little girl (or big girl) would want to have on a card. So, I started playing and this is what I came up with:




The little dots you see on the card base is actually "fairy dust" stamped on with Frost White Shimmer Paint. I applied the paint to my stamp using a sponge dauber and then stamped my cardstock. This is a closer look:




It so much cuter in person because you can really see the shimmer!! Toooo cute!! I love using that stuff. I stamped the sentiment over it using Glorious Green ink. I love how it happened that the "a" in magic is filled with shimmer paint :) I didn't even plan that!! I stamped the fairy image on Whisper White cardstock with Jet Black Stazon and colored it with markers from the Bold Brights color group. Then I added Versamark ink using the direct-to-paper method all over the piece of white cardstock. I embossed using Heat-and-Stick powder and then immediately coated the piece with Dazzling Diamonds glitter and heated it again to set the glitter. This technique was made for fairies. It adds so much to this image:




Just perfect for a little girl's birthday!!

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
A Little Bit of Magic (Summer Mini Catalog)

Cardstock:
Glorious Green, Pixie Pink, Whisper White

Ink:
Jet Black Stazon, Glorious Green, Versamark

Accessories:
Bold Brights Markers, Sponge Daubers, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Heat-and-Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Heat Tool, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Pinking Hearts Border Punch

I just love this color combination. If you do, too, you should order them quickly. Both Glorious Green and Pixie Pink will be retiring soon. After June (and quite possibly even sooner) they will be gone forever!!! So many of the retiring colors are in backordered status and some are no longer available. If you have any of them on your wish list contact me today or go here to shop. I hope this card brought "a little bit of magic" to your day. 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...