Monday, May 10, 2010

Fun With Scrapbooking

Since I had a lunch date with a friend today, and some small projects to catch up on, I decided to try my hand at My Digital Studio. Wow!! This is such an easy program to work with - I LOVE it!!!

Last year, I spent a couple of months in the San Diego area with my parents and I took a ton of pictures. One Sunday, we went to Balboa Park to listen to the Organ Concert. The weather was absolutely beautiful and so was the park:





I started with a textured background in Basic Gray. Then I added a strip of Baja Breeze striped Designer Series Paper and matted it with a thin line of Not Quite Navy. I put a strip of Basic Gray Satin Ribbon across the bottom and added a bow in the same color. Then I added my photos of the Ornamental Pear trees and matted them with Not Quite Navy. It is so cool because you can choose the width of your mat for each object. Then I added a drop shadow to give the effect of using dimensionals to mount the matted photos.

I literally put this page together in less than 15 minutes! I plan to do a bunch of pages with my pictures of Balboa Park and then I will send them off to the printer that Stampin' Up has provided for us. In return, I will receive a bound book of my pages that are guaranteed to match the Stampin' Up colors. I also have the option to have single pages printed that I can add my own embellishments to for "hybrid" pages and then add them to my own albums. So many options!!!! You can purchase your copy of My Digital Studio here by entering my Online Store.

You can also receive My Digital Studio in the MDS Starter Kit offered from now until June 30. You get the program, stamp sets, paper, markers, and other supplies to get your started with any form of scrapbooking. AND, there is no obligation for you to hold workshops. You can simply join to purchase all of your scrapbooking products at the demonstrator discount. Contact me today at gibby@cmsinter.net for more details. 'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...