Friday, May 14, 2010

Road Trip

I've been a little intense with my cards lately so I thought it was time to do something simple. Mainly because if I don't, we will never get finished with my card class before midnight :) I just make them work too hard!! Seriously, though, we like to have a good combination of cards that offer extra embellishments and cards that are simple and quick. Gives us more time to eat chocolate :)

So, with June fast approaching, I thought it would be good to do a card for Father's Day. I love the single stamps offered by Stampin' Up. You can get just the right image you need for under $10. Who doesn't love a bargain??? Well, my hubby and I used to own a Honda Goldwing Interstate - a motorcycle complete with a stereo. We spent many weekends riding with friends and touring California and Arizona. I miss those days and I know he does, too. But, low and behold - the perfect stamp is in the Summer Mini catalog. It is simply called Motorcycle and it ended up here:





I know - those of you who know motorcycles know this is definitely NOT a Honda Interstate but it's the thought that counts :) The designer series paper I used for the background is called Travel Journal and is also in the mini catalog. It really took me back to the days of our road trips. I am going to have to dig out some pictures for a scrapbook - and I really wish I had taken more of them than I did. It's fun to look back and remember :) I always show him my cards as I get them finished and when I showed him this, he said "is it mine?" I said - "it will be next month :)" Now I just have to get my son home to sign it for him! :)

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Motorcycle, King of the Grill

Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Night of Navy, Naturals White, Travel Journal DSP

Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Wild Wasabi

Accessories: Jumbo Eyelets, Crop-a-dile, Dusty Durango Marker, Dusty Durango Polka-dot Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

Even if the "dad" in your life doesn't ride a motorcycle, this is the perfect "guy" card. Let's face it - they just don't enjoy flowers the way we do.....'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. Getting sentimental huh? I like the card and the comments.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...