Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lovin' My Big Shot

I am just loving my Big Shot these days so I thought I would show you a couple of cards that can be created with it.

The first one is a card that we did at one of the very first meetings of my monthly card class last year. I can't believe we have been meeting that long already!! But, we have and I have had the honor of becoming friends with a phenomenal group of women. This card was very fitting at the time and still holds true today:





The ladies that meet with me every month are my "fabulous friends." We made this card using the Scallop Circle die. We cut the circle from the Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper. We had a template that we traced around to cut the sides away to form the dress. Then we added some ribbon to the waistline (wish mine was that small :) ) and then accented it with a flower and pearl from the Pretties Kit. We stamped the sentiment from the Oval All set and colored it with markers. Then we added a bit of Crystal Effects to the large flower for some dimension. We punched it out with the Large Oval Punch and then layered it onto a piece punched with the Scallop Oval Punch. We used the Scallop Border punch along the side of a piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock and layered that onto a Crushed Curry card base.

This next card is one that I created back in January of 2009. I was so honored to have it featured on the Stamper's Showcase with Stampin' Up. Now that Pink Pirouette is returning, I can have my card class make this using the same color combination I originally created it with:




This card was so fun to create. I really like this die. It also has a bird on it that works really nice for wedding cards (but, that is another post for another day). For the background effect on the Whisper White layer, I used saran wrap that I wadded up and spounced (I love that word) onto my ink pads and then onto the cardstock. It creates an effect almost like granite - very coool!!! I love cards like this because you can use very simple sentiments and not have to use more than one stamp set to create a very nice card. And, since we are in desperate need of some SPRING here in mid-Michigan, I thought this would be nice to make this month.

My complete list of supplies for this one:

Stamp Set: Spring Song

Cardstock: Old Olive, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Pink Pirouette

Accessories: Big Shot (you know you want one now), Bird w/Leaves die, Ticket Corner Punch, Mini Glue Dots, Saran Wrap (non-SU)

Pretty simple and yet elegant. I love this kind of card and so do my ladies who come to class. It allows us a little extra time to make one or two that involve a bit more technique. Hopefully, by the time we meet on the 20th, we will be more familiar with Spring. Hope you have enjoyed your stop today. 'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...