Saturday, May 15, 2010

Graduation Time

Well, it's that time of the year, again - Graduation! A time for young people to explore new adventures and go deeper in debt by borrowing money to go to college! So, we all must do our part by making a small donation to their futures :) Such is the law of open houses. I remember when our son graduated from high school and then from college. They were such proud moments for us as parents and I know he appreciated all of the encouragement he received from friends and family members.

So, I thought it only fitting for my card class to include a graduation card this month. I love the single "Happy Grad" stamp in the Summer Mini catalog. It offers little bits of encouragement and motivation for graduates to embrace their futures rather than fearing them. I kept the card simple and to the point:




Since I used a dark cardstock for the card base, I added a piece of Whisper White to the inside. You can't see it in the picture, but the ribbon wraps around the top half to hold a check, cash, or gift card in place. And, knowing that graduation is a huge step in life, what was more fitting than this image from the "Go, Graduate" set also in the mini catalog:



I just LOVE these feet!!! LOL - my son would have been the one wearing the flip-flops if he could have been!. I like the way the image represents the individual characteristics of every graduate - no two are ever the same. And, it also adds some humor to a pretty emotional time in their lives. Here is a closer look at those feet:




They are just toooo cute!! I kept the colors generic because - let's face it - we could all end up using a different color on each of our cards if we only chose the local school colors. That would be way too much for me to sort out :) So, good ol' black and white to the rescue.
The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Happy Grad, Go Graduate

Cardstock:
Basic Black, Whisper White

Ink:
Jet Black Stazon

Accessories:
Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tag Corner Punch

Today's world is pretty tough for our graduates so please do all you can to encourage any of them that you may know. 'Til next time....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I love your graduate card! I used your idea and mass produced 40 cards. I used black base with white and burgundy. My daughters school colors. Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...