Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Original Shadowbox

So, since my mom has now seen the card I originally created for her, I can post it :) I have already posted the one I made for my cousin but the first one was created as a Mother's Day card . And since Mother's Day is only a few days away, I thought this was a good time to share it with all of you:





I used the stamp step "Messages for Mom" that was available in the Occasions Mini catalog. I hope you were able to get one because it is perfect for your mom or someone who is like a mom to you. It was really difficult to choose exactly what I wanted to say to her so I chose the statement that fits her best:




My mom has always been my best friend and I wanted to make a really special card for her. I was so inspired by Jenn Picard's shadowbox card that I just had to play around with the idea and come up with one of my own. And as Sandi stated in the comments section on the previous one - I did win a card contest with this particular card. I was so honored to have my card chosen as the winner by my peers at the Spring Fling. This was the first time I tried the Floral Fusion roses and as you know, I have made many of them since - they are so simple and yet.. elegant!! I finished the inside of the card with a matching piece of Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper and used the back side of the circle I cut from the front to add a Mother's Day wish:




My complete list of supplies is:

Stamp Set: Messages for Mom

Cardstock:
Very Vanilla, Bridesmaid Specialty Paper, Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper, Sahara Sand

Ink:
Sahara Sand

Accessories:
Big Shot with Clear Circle die, Floral Fushion and Little Leaves Sizzlits, Pretties Kit, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Sponges, Sticky Strip

I love the way the card turned out and so does my mom - I am so glad!! This style of card looks difficult but is actually very easy to do. If you would like to learn how to make a shadowbox card of your own, go to www.ustampwithdawn.blogspot.com and purchase the Spring Soiree 2010. Thanks, Jenn for the inspiration.

I know that if you give these cards a try, you will become hooked - they are so much fun. And the cool thing is that you could add a photo for a baby announcement, engagement or wedding announcement or invitations. So many possibilities...... 'Til next time........

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...