Friday, May 7, 2010

Pansy Power!!

As those of you who know me well are very aware - I can kill an Air Fern (and I have done so in the past). So, when I saw so many blog entries that included these super cool pansies, I decided I had to give them a try:





Don't you just love them?! And, believe it or not, they are made with a Butterfly Punch. Too easy!!! You simply punch the butterfly from Shimmery White paper, mist it with water, and then add the color of your choice using Reinkers and an Aqua Painter. Then you let them dry and hook them together with a brad in the center. Easiest paper flower I have made yet!! They work well with the Shimmery White paper because the water beads up nicely on it and it adds a little sparkle to your flower as well. You can really see it up close:




I see a whole garden of these in my future :) My thumb is getting greener everyday - LOL!! And, who wouldn't want to receive flowers when they are feeling "under the weather?" And they are awesome when layered onto the Vellum Cardstock that has been embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder and the Big Shot. The color of the cardstock it is layered onto shows through in a muted shade through the centers of the raised squares. I saw this on a swap card I received and knew I had to add that to a project of my own. So unique!!

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Sincere Salutations

Cardstock:
Elegant Eggplant, Summer Sun (
retiring soon), Shimmery White, White Vellum Cardstock

Ink:
Elegant Eggplant

Accessories:
Elegant Eggplant and Summer Sun Reinkers, Crushed Curry Polka-dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Gold Brads, Mini Glue Dots, 3/16-inch Hole Punch, Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder

It is raining and a bit chilly here in Mid-Michigan today so these pansies were just what I needed. I hope they brightened your day, too. If you would like to "grow" some with me, just RSVP for my monthly card class on the 20th. We will be planting our gardens from 6 to 9 pm and always welcome new stampers! 'Til next time....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. This is the coolest thing!! I can so see the butterfly cut out and I know nothing about this stuff. Nice Blog you have going here, keep it up! Someday I think I may give this a try. KB

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...