Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Growing Green

When I first started out today, I just could not get in the groove! I couldn't think of a thing to make - I hate it when that happens!! So, I needed some inspiration. All I knew was that I needed to make something cute and simple for my card class on Saturday. I didn't even know HOW I would find the inspiration for it......so frustrating when I get like that!!

So, I just sat back, watched Dancing With The Stars - The Results on my laptop and still wasn't feeling the love :( So, I decided to play a game of Spider Solitaire. Well, my day picked up when I won and then the little fireworks went off my screen and lo and behold.......the color combo looked like Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, and Wild Wasabi!! So, I had my colors...now I just needed to figure out the rest. Growing Green caught my eye and it all came out looking like this:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Growing Green, Sincere Salutations

Cardstock:
Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White

Ink:
Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi

Accessories:
Marina Mist 5/8-inch Satin Ribbon

It just goes to show, that inspiration can come from places you least expect :) I always start with my colors first and then put a stamp set in the mix. And we can find colors everywhere! I even found my next combo in that same game :) It was on one of the face cards. I will have something done with that one tomorrow for you.

If you are counting along with me, this makes 4 down and 46 to go for Sherrill Graff. As usual, I procrastinated just a bit so it will be cutting it close to have these to her on the 15th of December - I may have to double up on a few days. Oh well, those of you who know me can attest to this being normal for me :) LOL!!

Thanks for stopping by today and sharing with me. Hopefully, you found a little bit of inspiration for your next project :) 'Til next time................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

  1. I wish things would just "come out looking like this" for me!!! Maybe it is because I don't watch enough TV, read magazines, or play games on my PC. I'll start working on that now that I know it is "business related." Love the card Laurie.
    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You should try it, Sandi. You just never know what might inspire you :) I highly recommend it!!

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...