Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Winter Post

I was so excited to have my first official downline meeting last night. I just got a new member of my team on Oct. 1st. So, since 2 of them are local, we decided to get together. I want to do everything I can to make sure they are successful with their businesses and since Leni is very new, I wanted to help her out with any questions she had. We had such a great time getting to know one another and sharing ideas!!

I also designed 2 Make-and-Take projects for them. I kept them simple so they could use them as make-n-takes at their workshops or for a card class. I chose the Winter Post stamp set since we are getting close to the holidays and the very cool Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper for these:





I decided to do something totally different with my stamped layers this time. We cut the tag pieces using the Big Shot and the Two Tags Stampin' Up Exclusive die and used them for the top layers. I think they came out so cool!! And the girls just loved them :)

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Winter Post, All Holidays, Snow Swirled

Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper

Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Jet Black Stazon

Accessories: Big Shot, Two Tags SU Exclusive die, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Victoria Lace Trim, Crop-a-Dile, Stampin' Dimensionals, Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler Markers

My bff, Debbie, in Michigan sent me a bunch of my stamp sets in the mail. In order to get them all in the smallest box possible, I had to have her take the wood-mounted ones out of their storage boxes. So, I have two boxes that are about 14-inches square full of stamps. The problem that comes with that is when I started designing these two cards, I just started pulling out stamps, thinking - this would be cute, and so would this one,.........and I ended up combining three sets..LOL!! But, I think, all in all, they turned out pretty cute! :)

One of these will be part of my November card class for sure! They are just so simple and cute and go together super fast. I am so excited to be doing classes again and am looking forward to more downline meetings. If you are a demonstrator in the San Diego area you are welcome to join us each month on the first Monday evening. Just drop me a note at laurie.gibson57@yahoo.com to RSVP for the meetings. If we have enough interest, we can even get a swap going :) I love to share ideas!!

Thanks for stopping by today and sharing. As always, I do appreciate your visits and your comments. 'Til next time.............

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the quick & easy design of these cards. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...