Sunday, October 3, 2010

Jolly Little Snowman

My favorite holiday has always been and always will be Christmas. Those of you who know me, know that I don't ever take my tree down unless I absolutely have to. It 's just tooo pretty..LOL! I would celebrate that season year 'round if I could (and I do try). So, when fall comes, I am more than ready to start designing Christmas cards. I have been playing with Halloween and Thanksgiving but my "creative itch" is ready to move on! :)

So, I decided to do something with that cute little snowman in the Jolly Old St. Nick stamp set in the Holiday Mini Catalog. I think he is just the sweetest little guy! Don't you agree? This is the card I made with him today:





I apologize for the skewed colors. I took the picture outside on a covered patio late in the afternoon and no matter what I do I can't get it to lighten up.

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Jolly Old St. Nick

Cardstock:
Marina Mist, Real Red, Whisper White, Candy Cane Christmas Specialty DSP

Ink:
Basic Gray, Real Red

Accessories:
Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Northern Frost Decorative Strip, Marina Mist 1/8-inch Taffeta Ribbon, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Circle Ice Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Stampin' Write Markers - Marina Mist, Real Red, Bashful Blue

I learned a little trick for using just the rhinestones in our brads. Turn the brad over and open the prongs completely. You will see two tiny prongs as well that help hold the stone in place. Open those (I used the blade of my paper snips to lift them) and you can pop the stone out. I used glue dots to attach them to the center of the snowflakes that I had cut with my Big Shot (you know you really need this!!) I did this because I wanted those blue rhinestones but there is just no way to use the actual brad without the long prongs showing through. I added some dazzling diamonds to the "snow" to add some extra bling :) I really like the way this turned out and I foresee "building" many snowmen in the future :) The beauty of it all is that I don't have to shovel the stuff he is made 0f anymore. This way is much nicer!!

I hope you enjoy this little guy. This stamp set is just so cute. You can purchase it in my online store today. Thanks for stopping in and sharing. Please consider leaving a comment - I love to hear from my visitors :) 'Til next time.........

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...