Monday, October 25, 2010

Because I Care

I am working on the cards for my November Card Class and on the samples I need to make for Sherrill Graff. The problem when it comes to Sherrill's cards is that they will be displayed from January to May and I am in Christmas mode!! LOL! I am finding it rather difficult to make something "bright and springy" :) I just want to work with bells, pine trees, and snowflakes! It's a good thing I have learned how to multi-task.

So, as I was putting the basic design for my card together, I was holding all of the layers to see how I wanted them to lay and I tapped one corner on the table. It shifted just one end of the cardstock I was holding and voila! - A new layout pattern:






Kinda quirky - just like me :) Love it!!

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Because I Care (Level 1 Hostess Set)

Cardstock:
Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink, Rose Red, Whisper White

Ink:
Rose Red

Accessories:
Certainly Celery 5/8-inch Satin Ribbon, Markers - Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink and Rose Red, Stampin' Dimensionals

I used the markers to color the stamp so I could get both colors for the flower and stem. It is so easy to do this and you get just the colors you want without having gray outlines to try to color over. To me, it looks more realistic. After stamping, I dabbed the flower centers with the Rose Red marker. I love the way this turned out - and it is so simple!!

Well, back to work - Friday is the deadline for two sets of projects!! Time is running out :) Thanks for coming by today and sharing with me. 'Til next time...................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe I still haven't used this stamp yet!! By the time I bought my blocks to mount, I was into making Christmas projects. Time to use this at my next class. You did a beautiful job with it Laurie -- like your color combo.
    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I love the simple beauty of your card!

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...