Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Haunted Milk Box and Tutorial

As you all know, I have never been one to celebrate Halloween. But this year, Stampin' Up has so many cute stamp sets and accessories that I have just been bitten by the bug (probably a spider :) ). I decided to combine this new attitude with one of my favorite projects - the Mini Milk Carton. I needed a container for them and since my directions for the box I made at Easter somehow didn't make it out here with me, I set to work to come up with a new one.

I never really associated purple with Halloween but I must admit that it has become one of my faves when putting together a color combo for the holiday. Today was no exception. Concord Crush was the first color I pulled out of the drawer :) Then it was just a matter of choosing the coordinating colors of Tangerine Tango and Basic Black. This is how the project turned out:





I had so much fun putting this together!! I love these little milk cartons and was inspired to make these little sets by Becky Roberts. They are the easiest treat holders I have ever made :) The die cuts and scores all in one motion - easy peasy!!! I did two of the sides using the fun little images from the Fang-tastic stamp set. This is the first one:




Isn't this little guy a cutie?? LOL!!! I love Halloween images that are not scary or gory. I added him for the little boys and added this for little girls:




She is just too cute :) I stamped both of them onto scraps of Whisper White, cut them out and attached them with dimensionals. On the other two sides, I stamped the "Spooky" image from the Wicked Cool stamp set and attached them with dimensionals as well:




And, I created my own Designer Series Paper on my computer. I just typed a bunch of halloween-ish words (not sure that is a real word but it works for me) and then printed them on Whisper White cardstock. I cut strips just wide enough to cover the bottom portion of the milk cartons. I love the way it turned out:




I stamped and punched out the images for the tags and tied them on with the gorgeous Raven Lace Trim from the Holiday Mini Catalog. Then I made a couple of cute little ghosts to top off the milk crate.




Don't you just love his little googlie eyes?? He is soooo cute! :)






If you would like to purchase my tutorial to make your own Haunted Milk Crate, just click on the paypal button in my classes and tutorial section. The tutorial sells for $3.95 and will be deliver via e-mail. The kit sells for $12.95 which includes priority mail shipping and the e-mailed tutorial. Both options include a pdf document for the designer series paper. The kit includes all cardstock pieces, punched pieces and embellishments except for adhesives. You will need to purchase the stamp sets and you can do that here.

I can also officially announce now that I am returning as a Guest Designer for the next UStamp event - Get a Jump on Your Jingle. As you may have guessed, it is a holiday edition. You will receive step-by-step instructions for 40 cards and 40 3-D projects!!! Check back and I will tell you when you can purchase the event. It is going to be awesome!! I am so excited to be part of another UStamp!

I hope you enjoyed my project today. I had so much fun creating it. Thanks for stopping by and sharing with me. 'Til next time.................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

  1. Really super adorable.. I love it!! So creative!!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Laurie, I'm not a Halloween person either but I have to admit I love the new sets in the mini. I especially love your use of the cute little girl witch -- so much fun. And the face on your ghost is just the best. Love the whole ensemble!!
    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...