Thursday, October 21, 2010

Serene Snowflakes

One of my favorites sets that has been around for a couple of years is Serene Snowflakes. I am actually going to be using it for the next UStamp event - Get a Jump on Your Jingle. I will be designing a card with coordinating envelope and a 3-D item. I have my project started and I think you would love this event. You can purchase it here. For only $24.99 you get at least 40 3-D items and at least 40 cards! Judging by the past events, you will not want to miss this one - they have been fantastic!!

So, back to my card :) I love the versatility of this stamp set. You can use it as the focal point of your card or you can use all of the images to create your own designer series paper. And you can even do it all at once like this:




I used the largest snowflake for the focal point and embossed it with Silver Embossing Powder. I also embossed the smallest image which is group of three small snowflakes. And I love this Silver Tinsel Trim in the holiday mini catalog. It is wired so all I had to do was thread it through the border and twist it around to make it stay in place - NO KNOTS TO TIE....LOL!!! The ladies in my card class will LOVE this :) I also stamped everything on the Shimmery White cardstock to add some extra sparkle:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Serene Snowflakes, Four The Holidays

Cardstock: Brushed Silver, Night of Navy, Shimmery White

Ink: Night of Navy, Versamark

Accessories: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool and Powder Pals, Stampin' Dimensionals, Silver Tinsel Trim

I just love the way this card turned out. I have always loved the shimmer of the Brushed Silver Cardstock and it just stands out against the Night of Navy. This will definitely be part of my November card class. So simple and yet looks very elegant.

Thanks so much for coming by today and allowing me to share with you. Feel free to leave a comment - I always enjoy hearing from my visitors :) 'Til next time.................

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...