Monday, October 11, 2010

Butterfly Prints

I was so excited when the new catalog came out in July because it had some really cute sets that coordinate with so many of our punches. One of those sets is called Butterfly Prints. It contains three different printed butterfly shapes that can be puched out with the Butterfly Punch. And it has the cutest little verse about butterflies spreading love wherever they go :) So, it made me think that stampers are a lot like butterflies.....we spread love with our handmade cards :) Kind of cool, actually.

Anyway, when I started planning the card for this stamp set, I just had to use colors that were bright and summery. So, I chose Daffodil Delight and Shimmery White for some added dazzle to come up with this:





I just love the way Stampin' Up products coordinate with each other. My cardstock, ink, and ribbon are all Daffodil Delight. All I had to add was the Shimmery White for a complete combination. It is hard to see the shimmer so here is a closer look:





You still have to look pretty close. I just couldn't get the light at the right angle. It is so much prettier in person :) And, see, I DO have more than just the Square Lattice Embossing Folder! LOL!

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Butterfly Prints

Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Shimmery White

Ink: Daffodil Delight

Accessories: Daffodil Delight 1 1/4-inch Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Butterfly Punch, Circle Rhinestone Brads, Big Shot with Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

I love the sparkle in the Shimmery White cardstock!! It just adds that little sparkle without me ending up glistening from glitter :) To make the antennae, I just opened the prongs on the rhinestone brads and twisted them just a bit to form a "v" on the back and then attached them with a Mini Glue Dot to the card front right in the "v" of the butterfly which was added with a dimensional. It was so cool that the Circle Rhinestone Brads even had a pale yellow rhinestone!! I am definitely going to do a card front of this for Sherrill Graff, too. So, now I have 3 down and only 47 to go :)

So, I am off to the design room :) Thanks for coming by today and sharing with me. 'Til next time.............

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...