Saturday, October 16, 2010

Dasher

Card class was awesome today!!! Six ladies came and we made 8 cards with coordinating envelopes. It was so much fun and I made some new friends :) That is what I love most about my job - sharing and making friends !!! Life just doesn't get any better :) Oh, and the new M&M's with the pretzels inside are waaayyy better than I thought they would be :)

So, I decided to give you a peek at another one of the cards we made today. This one uses one of our single Under $10 stamps - Dasher. He is definitely one of my favorites. And, of course, we used the Big Shot (check my previous post for a chance to get one FREE) and the fabulous Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder. I love the way it turned out:





I just love Poppy Parade! It is kind of an orangy-red that is just amazing no matter what you use with it :) It is one of the new In Colors and I anticipate using it alot! We used the sponge dauber with the Poppy Parade classic ink to add a blush of color to the little flowers after running the Very Vanilla layer through the Big Shot and dabbed the little dots in between with the Early Espresso marker:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Dasher

Cardstock:
Poppy Parade, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla

Ink:
Early Espresso, Poppy Parade

Accessories:
Poppy Parade 1/2-inch Stitched Poly Ribbon, Big Shot with Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder, Sponge Dauber, Early Espresso Marker, Stampin' Dimensionals

This was one of the CAS (Cute And Simple) cards for the class. It looks like you put so much work into it, but it really was quite quick and simple. I love the flowers on this embossing folder - you could make them any color to add a beautiful background to your cards. Can't wait to play around with that one more :) Can you believe that I did not do even ONE card using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder for this class ?? LOL!! I just wanted to show you that we do carry more than just that one :) I really do LOVE them all!!

I will have the class planner available for purchase the beginning of the week. It will include all of the measurements and details to make all 8 cards from my class - so be sure to check the tutorials list here on my blog.

Thanks for coming by today and sharing with me - I appreciate all of my readers :) 'Til next time..............

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

2 comments:

  1. Dasher is one of my favourite stamps. Great card for a class. Thanks so much for sharing this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie,

    Iam jealous!!!I miss card class so much Nothing is happening here. Will continue to catch your blog everyday. Your cards are awsome. Vena

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...