Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fireside Christmas

I am such a kid at this time of the year. As soon as I start hearing about Halloween, my mind starts anticipating Thanksgiving and Christmas - ESPECIALLY Christmas :) I love the season and everything it offers - the anticipation, the shopping, giving gifts, the excitement, the music, the decorations.......oh my gosh, I could go on all day about it :) !!!! One thing I always look forward to is decorating the mantle over my fireplace, hanging the stockings, and curling up in front of a nice warm fire on a crisp, cold evening. Hmmmmmm - can you smell the woodsmoke?? Well, I might be able to do that this year since I have relocated, but I can still enjoy the thought with this card:





I can hear the fire crackling and smell the cookies baking :) It needs to get just a bit cooler here in Santee before that becomes a reality, though. C'mon December!!!!

I decided that I just could not do this card without adding the sentiment from the stamp set on the inside:




The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Fireside Christmas, Heard From the Heart

Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Designer Series Paper from Christmas Cheer Simply Scrappin' Kit

Ink: Always Artichoke, Basic Gray, Cherry Cobbler

Accessories: Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Stampin' Dimensionals, Markers - Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight

I used the Big Shot and embossing folder to create a "brick" texture to the designer series paper layer behind the images. You probably think that is the only one I own - but, really, I do have more of them :)

I love this stamp set. It is so versatile - perfect for coloring with markers or leaving plain for a vintage look. You can make this as modern or as old-fashioned as your heart desires. But, either way, it is bound to make you long for a fire and a cup of hot chocolate :)

Thanks for coming by and reminiscing with me today. I always enjoy our time together as well as the comments you are kind enough to leave. 'Til next time..........

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...