Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Swap Card

Tonight was the monthly meeting with my upline group. Each month we get together for tips and training. We offer each other ideas and motivation. Ronda Wade is our group leader and she is so amazing. She does everything she can to help us in our business. Speaking of which, June is the best month to join Stampin' Up. This month you can purchase a starter kit for only $99!! That is half of the normal cost. You get 2 stamp sets, inks, cardstock, catalogs, forms, and other supplies to get started. Plus you will receive the Stampin' Success magazine each month with tons of ideas in each issue!! You can even customize your kit by choosing your stamp sets and colors - WHAT A DEAL!!!!

Anyway, at this meeting each month, we have a swap. We make just a card front and take 16 identical ones. We put 1 on the board to be voted on as the "best of show" and we swap the rest. It is a terrific way to get some great ideas for layouts and color combinations. I love the swap - we have some very talented women in our group :)

This is the card I made:






I started with a base of Bermuda Bay (retiring soon). I layered Soft Suede and then a piece of the Thoroughly Modern Designer Series Paper (also retiring soon). Then I added some Rose Red 1 1/4-inch Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (yes, this too). On a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock I stamped the bird image from Friends 24-7 and the floral image from Elements of Style (yes, this again :) ). It came out looking as if the branch is actually part of a flowering tree. Too cool!! I colored the flowers with Rose Red using a Q-tip. Never under-estimate the value of household items :) LOL!! Then I ran that through the Big Shot (you have to have this!!) using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. I trimmed off the edges with the Eyelet Border Punch. Then I stamped the sentiment from Friends 24-7, layered it and added it with dimensionals. I love the way it turned out - and having a Stampin' Up business has brought me soooo many new friends!

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Friends 24-7, Elements of Style

Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Thoroughly Modern Designer Series Paper

Ink: Soft Suede, Rose Red

Accessories: Big Shot with Square Lattice Emboss Folder, Eyelet Border Punch, Rose Red 1 1/4-inch Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

I love this card and am so glad I was able to share it with my friends - including you :) I hope this inspires you to swap ideas with someone who shares your love of stamping. 'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...