Saturday, June 26, 2010

Upsy Daisy

One of my favorite color combinations over the past year has been Rich Razzleberry and Bermuda Bay. I will really hate to see Bermuda Bay leave us - it really reminds me of the sea. I have seen photos of the Carribbean that match it perfectly :) (have never had the pleasure of seeing it in person). This is one of my favorite cards using that combo:





So so glad the Upsy Daisy stamp set is sticking around for at least another year, too. It is a great "go to" set for a quick and easy card. I cheat a little when it comes to the ticket corners. I have to admit that I learned a trick at a Stampin' Up Regional event a few years ago - right about the time they came out with the punch. I learned you could line up the corner of your cardstock with the "X" on the back of the 1/2-inch circle punch and get a ticket corner. So, needless to say - I have a 2-in-1 punch now :) I would post a picture showing the lining up process, but the punch is already packed away - sorry. I will have to make a note to post that at a later date. In these tough economic times, we all have to save money any way we can :) Besides, the price of the Ticket Corner Punch covers a pack of cardstock - which I am always in need of !! Anyway, back to today's card. I loved this polka-dot ribbon, too. It came just in the In Colors last year and I used them all - gorgeous. The really cool thing about it was that you could use it with or without the polka-dots because it is plain on the back side. Another 2-in-1!! Gotta love 'em!

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set:
Upsy Daisy

Cardstock:
Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White

Ink:
Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry

Accessories:
1/2-inch Circle Punch, Bermuda Bay Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots

I have found that if I make my bow separate, the ribbon ends up laying better on the card. I just attach the bow on top with a mini glue dot. It lays much nicer in an envelope to mail as well with less chance of needing to pay extra postage for bulkiness. I will have to adjust my color combos this year but with all of the yummy new colors, I'm sure I will enjoy the task :) 'Til next time......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...