Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bloomin' Beautiful

Well, I have begun the very HUGE task of packing. So, I dug through the trenches for some samples to share with you over the next few weeks :) I decided to start off with some that use some retiring favorites. I am sad to see alot of the colors leave and some of the stamp sets that I love will soon be history :( Today I am sharing a card I made using one of my all-time favorite sets - Bloomin' Beautiful:





I love this vase full of flowers - they live forever :) I used the color combination of Pretty In Pink and Taken With Teal. I will truly miss that color!! Don't get me wrong - I do love the new colors and am eagerly anticipating their arrival - I just hate to see my old favorites go :( I stamped the bouquet image and then colored the flowers with the Taken With Teal pastel. They give such a soft appearance to your image. I colored the centers of the flowers with the marker in the same color. Then I colored the vase with the Pretty in Pink marker and the leaves with the Certainly Celery pastel. I stamped the sentiment using another favorite retiring set - Happy Everything. It was such a verstatile little set that could be used for many occasions. Then I added a strip of the wonderful Pretty In Pink striped grosgrain ribbon (also leaving us on June 30). Truly one of my favorite cards - simple and sweet.

The complete list of supplies:

Stamp Set: Bloomin' Beautiful, Happy Everything

Cardstock: Pretty In Pink, Taken With Teal, Whisper White

Ink: Basic Gray, Taken With Teal

Accessories: Stampin' Pastels, Markers, Pretty In Pink Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

We have all been told it takes less muscles to smile than it takes to frown - so I hope you take the time to be "happy in everything." Life is short and we need to make the most of the time we have :) 'Til next time.......

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...