Thursday, June 3, 2010

Are You Ready For A Sneak Peek???

One of the awesome benefits of being a Stampin' Up Demonstrator is getting to preorder upcoming items. It is sooooo fun to get them in your hands before anyone else!!! Wooohooo! Such is the case this month. We are able to preorder select items from the upcoming 2010-2011 Catalog. And I have only 3 words for you --- OH MY GOODNESS!!! I cannot wait to show you everything. If you want to get your own "sneak peek", come to my card class on the 17th :) We will be using some of the new products and papers.

Also, mark your calendar for June 19th for a very special event in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. I am working with Sherry Camp to bring you an awesome day of Sneak Peek projects and demonstrations. I am working on the flyer and we will have it out this weekend :) I know there has to be a way to put a link on here - and I WILL figure it out one way or another!

Those of you who are attending my card class this month will be making this card:





I cannot tell you how awesome these colors are up close and personal!! I used the new In Color, Pear Pizzazz for the card base. I put a layer of Baja Breeze through my Big Shot (I can't believe you haven't gotten this yet!) using the Square Lattice Impressions Folder and then added a layer of the new Greenhouse Gala Designer Series Paper. Please expect to see A LOT of this on my blog over the next year - I LOVE every single sheet of paper in this package. I have preordered my limit :) LOL!! I have to be careful, though, because I can't get any more until July 1st :( I am definitely anticipating withdrawals....uggghhh!

So, back to the card - sorry :) I stamped the image using the new "Friends Never Fade" stamp set. It coordinates perfectly with the paper!! This is soooo awesome! Oh my gosh, I can hardly contain myself-----whew! The whole set is a "must have" if I have ever seen one. Very, very nice. Anyway, I stamped the image with Baja Breeze on Whisper White and layered it onto Chocolate Chip and then onto a piece of Pear Pizzazz that I embossed with the same folder as before and then onto another layer of Chocolate Chip. The ribbon is the new 1/8-inch Taffeta in Marina Mist. I wasn't too sure about this when I first read the size but I am in love again - no surprise there, right? :) It is so easy to work with! Wow, has my list grown since I first looked at my copy of the new catalog! Yes, that is another benefit of being a demonstrator. We received our copy of the catalog with our first demonstrator order this month. As soon as they said that, I knew I had to pay some UPS worker's salary by expediting my order - just too long to wait otherwise!! I really should be moving to Utah instead of California :)

The complete list of supplies is:

Stamp Set: Friends Never Fade

Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Greenhouse Gala DSP

Ink: Baja Breeze

Accessories: Big Shot with Square Lattice Impressions Folder, Marina Mist 1/8-inch Taffeta, Stampin' Dimensionals

Super cute and simple!! I love the flower images in this stamp set - and they are all on the paper! Speaking of flowers, as I walked down to my mailbox yesterday, I came across these:





My purple irises are truly something I will miss. Every year I seem to have more and more of them. We had gotten some rain early in the day and these are shaded by a row of trees. If you look closely, you can even see beads of water on the petals. Truly, truly God's hands at work :) I made this picture my desktop wallpaper because they are just so gorgeous!!! I am thinking of using an idea I saw on a blog by someone who lives in Hawaii (sorry, can't remember who offhand) and adding pictures of my irises to some little note cards.....Look for the kit soon :)

Well, I need to get back to designing for the card class, planning for the Sneak Peek event, and packing to move.....OY VAY !!!!!! (Not sure if that is how you spell that, but it is certainly how I feel - good thing I do my best work under pressure :) ). 'Til next time.....

Happy Stamping,

Laurie

Remember to get your mammogram!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! I love how you used all of these new products together.

    ReplyDelete

Graphic 45 Mother's Day Card

We are still on lockdown here in Michigan, so I have been digging into my stash of papers. I had planned to use the beautiful Time To Flouri...